Wednesday 28 February 2018

Great News for Rocket Ronnie O'Sullivan Fans

Ronnie O'Sullivan is aging and his fans really wanted to know about his future so here is the answer for all the Rocket fansSnooker legend and five times world champion Ronnie O'Sullivan believes he could keep winning tournaments until he's 50 and is targeting two more world titles in the next eight years.
The Rocket won the 32nd ranking title of his career and fourth one of the season 
with a resounding 10-3 victory over Ding Junhui although that staggering tally doesn't even include his record seven Masters crowns and countless other non-ranking prizes.
The five-time world champion is still chasing Stephen Hendry's records of seven Crucible crowns and 36 ranking titles but, at the age of 42, even he's raised question marks over whether he'd mentally be able to achieve his primary goal again.
Ray Reardon at 45 years, 203 days was the last player to win the world title in their 40s way back in 1978 so it's asking a lot.
Nevertheless O'Sullivan is currently the man to beat at every tournament he enters and is once again Sky Bet's favourite to win this week's Welsh Open where he's into round three after beating Graeme Dott in round two.
Enjoying his evening off from playing in the Eurosport studio as a pundit, snooker's most popular player was asked how long he'd keep playing for.
He said: "I think I can still win tournaments when I'm 50 - as long as I pace myself well. I'd like to win another two world titles in the next eight years before I get to 50.If he does continue for another eight years, then he'll almost certainly go beyond 1000 career century breaks - he's already on an unprecedented 933 at the time of writing which is 158 more than the retired Hendry.

Asked about how he plans to play snooker for as long as he can, the Rocket said: "I don't enjoy practicing and that's why I don't play so much. I didn't play for a month after the Masters and just went to the Grand Prix to see what happened."I just try to enjoy my life now and to stay in good shape. I'm looking for longevity so I'm trying not to get sucked into every tournament like the other guys do."I look at a lot of them and they look overplayed and burnt out to me. While they're burning themselves out I'm trying to recharge myself."
He was spoke about how he doesn't have the burden of feeling like he needs to win tournaments for the money, unlike other professionals: "I see myself as semi-retired now - a part-timer in many ways.

"About 70% of the tour are under pressure because they don't make any money - and that's a huge pressure to play under. And some of the top players are struggling as well.

"I've kind of felt in that boat because unless you've won tournaments you look back at the end of the year and think 'I haven't really got anything to show for it'."I didn't feel comfortable investing my time in something that could possibly leave me with nothing so I decided to work with Eurosport, do some exhibitions so I feel like I'm OK."So if I don't do well in tournaments, the pressure's not there to win and make money. It's a bonus to me whereas the other players are having to win tournaments or get to the quarter-finals just to pay the bills. I wouldn't want to play the sport if I was feeling like that."Asked about a future modelling career he joked: "I model balaclavas."

No comments:

Post a Comment